Deadline: January 25, 2019
Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program in Qatar. After the success of previous EMPOWERs, we opened the conference to the Region and youth from international countries.
ROTA’s core strategy for promoting youth development in Qatar is to develop a network of youth service clubs within schools and universitiesthroughout Qatar that are geared towards equipping and enabling young People as responsible global citizens and empowered young leaders. The Youth Conference, the RYSC leadership Training and the newly developed ROTA Youth Advisory Board are supplementary initiatives that support the RYSC program.
The program will aim to attract up to 450 young people between the ages of 16-32 including international participants. The main aim of the 3 days conference is to raise awareness and knowledge as well as build the capacities required to enable young people to take leadership roles in addressing local and international developmental issues of concern to them especially in the area related to the theme of each year’s conference.
Event Schedule: 14-16 March 2019
Location: Student Center HBKU Educational City
Only few selected International participants will be provided full sponsorship and others semi sponsorship based on their regional status and application evaluation.
Type of provided sponsorship:
1. Full Sponsorship includes:
Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
2. Partial Sponsorship includes:
Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only
- For international participants it is only for 18- 32 years old.
- A maximum of 70 seats will be provided to International participants for this event.
- After the screening of the applications the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail starting from 27 January 2019.
- Announcement of selected International participants will start from 27 January 2019 onwards.
The conference objectives are to:
• Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service
learning and greater awareness of global issues among 450
youth between the ages of 16-32 in Qatar and theregion.
• Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills,
knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which
• Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and
realize their ability to make a positive contribution in society
to support Qatar 2030 on youthdevelopment.
• Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and
reflections that address local needs and global issues.
• Awareness creation on the EMPOWERtheme.
The lectures and workshops during the youth conference aim to
address three themes. These include:
1. Personal leadership: Promoting personal excellenceincluding setting goals and forward planning, having
personal mission statements, marketing one’s skills and abilities, positive attitude and healthy self-esteem.
2. Service Learning: Promoting civic responsibility: a duty to
one’s country, community and the world as a whole. The importance of valuing diversity; developing empathy alongside desire to help the vulnerable or to protect one heritage or the environment.
3. Global Citizenship: Promoting youth voice on social justice issues like human rights, migrant worker situation, global economy, climate change and war and conflict.
How to apply: