Deadline: March 15, 2024.
The Esri Young Scholars Award program was launched in 2012 to recognize the exemplary work in geospatial sciences of undergraduate and graduate students at universities around the world. It is offered by Esri in cooperation with its international distributors. Nominees finalised by Sambus Geospatial undergo a selection procedure which requires a full overview of the candidate’s work.
The competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying disciplines related to Geospatial Science.
- Applicant must be under 30 years of age
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate (BSc.) or graduate program (MSc. or MPhil.) which is related to the geospatial field, from a recognized college or university in any of our operational regions.
- Project work must be socially relevant or technically innovative
- Project work or Thesis should have been completed using the ArcGIS suite of software.
- Get the chance to showcase your project at the world’s largest spatial technology conference.
- Export your final year project or thesis in PDF format.
- Generate a map package for your ArcGIS project.
- Complete the online form on our YSA Landing page and upload the thesis Document. You may include other relevant links to your project, listed in one Word(docs.) document.
- When shortlisted, our team would contact and guide you to submit your map package.
The 2024 Esri Young Scholar will win:
- A trip to San Diego (USA)
- A free Entry to the 2024 Esri UC where his or her project would be showcased and winners would be acknowledged personally by Jack Dangermond (Founder and president of Esri)
- An ArcGIS for Personal Use licence valid for 1 year (12 months).