Deadline: 1 September 2023 at 5:00 pm (Japan Standard Time)
ITTO, through its Freezailah Fellowship Fund, is offering a fellowship opportunity to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines. The maximum amount for a fellowship grant is US$10,000.
If you want to apply, those are the priority areas:
- Promote good governance and enabling policy frameworks for strengthening SFM and related trade, and enhancing SFM financing and investment;
- Increase the contribution of tropical forests to national and local economies, including through international trade;
- Enhance the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity in tropical timber-producing forests;
- Reduce tropical deforestation and forest degradation and enhance the provision of environmental services;
- Improve the quality and availability of information on tropical forests, forest product markets and trade; and
- Build and develop human resource capacity to implement SFM and increase trade in forest goods and services from sustainably managed forests.
The maximum amount for a fellowship award is US$10,000. ITTO Fellowship Award provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances. For post-graduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowship Awards are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions.
- Participation in international/regional conferences, short term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours;
- Technical document preparation, publication and dissemination, such as manuals and monographs;
- Small grants for post graduate studies
- Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for an ITTO Fellowship, within two years of receiving an award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
Note: The final selection will be made during the 59th ITTC Session (13-17 November 2023, Pattaya, Thailand) and the results will be posted on the ITTO website around 25 November 2023.