Deadline – The national selection process begins in September.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
Green Initiative offers a 6 month fellowship program which will serve as a platform for executing eco-conscious ideas and innovations. We believe in sharing our experiences and resources with willing hearts that are wired with the sense of achieving social stability and sustainability. The fellowship program will feature funded trainings that will empower applicants towards the procurement of achieving their social intentions for the purpose of sustainability.
Stipends will be given to successful applicants.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
PURPOSE / PASSION
Show us your concern about your environment and help us understand why you want to help. What experiences have compelled you to apply? Vividly explain how you get motivated in the face of daunting challenges your environment is facing.
You must be currently undertaking a leadership role in an organization, company or association. Tell us how your leadership skill has salvaged unpleasant situations with a brief example. What are the leadership skills that you have that qualifies you for the fellowship application. Show us that you are constantly learning and improving on your field of specialization. Show us that you can attract manpower, money and other available resources to your organization.
We are looking for freshly baked ideas from the oven of originality and authenticity. Show us why your project ideas are new compared to what has been tried before.
To be interested in your solution, Green Initiative must first understand why the issue your project will tackle is imperative. Explain to us the problem you want to solve and why it matters. On a global scale, why is this issue important?
Qualities sought in the selection of fellows include:
- Leadership & Resourcefulness
- Academic record
- Communication skills
- Integrity and self-discipline
- Initiative and follow through
- Openness to new professional fields
- Ability to work in groups
Interest in environmental sustainability and social change.
In order to be eligible for the Green Initiative Fellowship, the applicant must be:
- Over 18 years old and must be a university student.
- Fluent in English and their indigenous language
- Able to commit a full 35 hour work week to their organization.
- Be a Nigerian citizen
Complete the application including:
- Your Personal Statement – What has convinced you to apply for the Green Fellowship? What do you hope to benefit from the 6-months fellowship?
- Your Project Statement – What is your plan for the 6-month period in regards to environmental sustainability. What opportunities and challenges are unique to your project?
- 2-3 Recommendations – Must be from your teacher, professor or lecturer and can be supplemented with letters from mentors, organisations, faith community and employers
- Nomination from College – A letter from your college nominating you.
Awards are announced in mid-January.
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject GREEN FELLOWSHIP