Deadline: November 30, 2017
MEST is looking for incubator fellows for 3 month and 1 year assignments supporting software startups in Accra, Ghana or Lagos, Nigeria.
At MEST, we are always looking for incredible talent. We have positions available both at the training program and the incubator based on the candidate’s interest and strengths.
Established in Ghana in 2008, MEST offers aspiring African entrepreneurs a fully sponsored a twelve month, intensive full-time program.
Sourced from top graduates in Ghana, Nigeria & Kenya, 30+ of these Entrepreneurs-In-Training (EITs) are selected each year and receive comprehensive training across the spectrum of skills required to build successful tech businesses, including computer programming, software development, product management, finance, marketing, sales and leadership best practices.
After completion of the program, the EITs have the opportunity to pitch a concept. Winning teams receive a seed round from the MEST incubator to pursue their idea.
At the Incubator Program, both in Accra and Lagos, we are looking for candidates who are:
1. Experienced: You have at least 2-4 years experience in an operational role at technology startups, or a consulting background. You can quantify your success in helping teams build and sell products people love.
2. Entrepreneurial: You have strong user acquisition instincts and can help a team market what they’ve built. You’re a born hustler who thrives in uncertain environments, with the grit to do whatever it takes to make an early stage team successful.
3. Articulate: You’re able to communicate clearly and convincingly with different stakeholders, including portfolio founders, MEST management, potential hires, and investors.
Candidates who have tech/investment backgrounds have an added bonus!
- A monthly stipend of $1000.
- 2 round-trip economy class tickets each year to and from your home country.
- Private room in large corporate housing with other staff members within walking distance to campus,
- 3 meals a day at our on-site, campus cafeteria.
- Local clinic and global emergency health insurance coverage.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to develop personal relationships with the large pipeline of business leaders from all over the world who visit MEST for knowledge-sharing and networking.
Skills and Requirements:
- Agile software development and project management.
- Understands modern web development with regard to frameworks, design and servers.
- Understand analysis of core metrics and KPIs including user engagement and retention to help companies grow.
- Advise the team in other areas of business growth as needed (eg. user acquisition, recruitment) and connect them to resources that help them achieve their goals.
- Being able to coach these companies on sales methods and how to do what – when?
- Work together with these companies to create an overall sales pipelines for these companies and reduce inefficiencies in the sales cycle.
- Understand customer success and translate into effective product/service feedback.
Click here to apply
Click here to visit their website