DEADLINE: Friday, October 13 , 2017
NOTIFICATION DATE: Friday, October 20 , 2017
Applicants are welcome to apply for the Fully Funded Living Territories Young Scientist Travel Grant for Developing Countries in France 2018,eligible persons will be granted consideration for this program.
The Congress will take place at “Le Corum” Conference Center. It is located in the centre of Montpellier.
It can be reached from the Place de la Comédie, the beaten heart of Montpellier City, via the Esplanade and its pedestrian walkways.
We live in a globalized world, where the wealth growth comes along with a highly uneven distribution of it, among and within countries, and a strong uncertainty on renewable resources availability, leading to inequalities, social tensions and environmental crisis.
While no panacea, territories offer the advantage of being places of coordination between actors, where new forms of governance can be designed and implemented: by integrating environmental, social and economic objectives, addressing trade-offs and by strengthening the capacity of multiple stakeholders to coordinate action and set common goals, territorial approaches could contribute to sustainable development.
Following the belief that there won’t be peace nor prosperity, including in the urban world, without living and flourishing rural communities, the Conference will showcase the importance of rural territories to the achievement of SDGs, both locally and globally. Think and act locally in regard to act globally to the benefit of sustainable development is a political project :
It aims to reduce social and economic inequalities, including gender-related disparities, and to address environment concerns. The Conference will also set the scene of a shared agenda for research and action.
Three specific objectives are identified, namely:
- To highlight new scientific knowledge on territorial approaches to rural development
- To showcase successful place-based innovations and projects including organisational and institutional reforms
- To analyse and question the conditions of success for territorial development, especially within the context of the implementation of the SDGs
- The application to LVT2018 YSTG is restricted to citizens from developing countries (UN definition)
- The YSTG aims primarily at PhD students and young postdoctoral fellows (3-6 years after PhD thesis completion).
- Applicants must submit a complete and signed application form, together with all required documents for examination by the YSTG Committee.
Only files with the file extensions “.pdf” or “.doc” (word) are accepted.
YSTG will include travel stipend, registration fees and accommodation.
Click here to apply