Deadline: February 1, 2018
AKFC is searching for individuals who can demonstrate a commitment to international development, are driven by the desire to make a meaningful change in the world, and are ready to apply their skills and experience to a challenging overseas internship.
In the last 28 years, over 500 young Canadians have participated in AKFC’s International Youth Fellowship Program – an extraordinary opportunity to become a leader in global development.
This prestigious Fellowship is a launching pad for diverse careers in the government, non-profit, media and finance sectors. It offers a training program and an eight-month overseas placement to recent university graduates and young professionals under 30.
- AKFC covers most of the costs associated with living and working overseas including; travel, accommodation, vaccinations, health insurance, and a modest stipend to cover the cost of living.
- Successful candidates are required to make a one-time contribution of $1000.00 towards the costs of the Fellowship.
Participants can apply for one of three streams that best match their backgrounds and interests:
- International Development Management (IDM) Fellows benefit from placements in a variety of organizations, working in fields such as health, education, rural development, and civil society strengthening. Placements include positions in research, project management, communications, and monitoring and evaluation.
- International Microfinance and Microenterprise (IMM) Fellows gain experience with an organization involved in microfinance or market development, to develop skills in the day-to-day operations and evaluation of these programs.
- Young Professionals in Media (YPM) Fellows work as journalists for Nation Media Group, a leading media outlet in East Africa. With opportunities to report in print, broadcast, and digital media, Fellows gain the skills to work effectively in today’s global media environment .
- Hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution by April 30th, 2018, with a record of strong academic performance
- Will not be enrolled in any educational program for the duration of the Fellowship program (June 2018 – March 2019)
- Demonstrated a commitment to international development through related volunteer, professional or academic experience
- Be 30 year of age or under on or before February 1st 2018
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be fluent in English
- Present all appropriate documentation (CVs, degrees, transcripts, references, etc.)
Click here to apply