Application Deadline: September 20th 2017
As part of the Capacity Building Scheme, the European Youth Forum organizes an Advocacy and Campaigning Training for representatives of Member Organisations.
The training is taking place from 09th to 12th of November, in Brussels, Belgium.
With this call we are looking to recruit participants to attend 3-day training course.
According to the Work Plan 2017-2019, the Youth Forum commits to build capacity of its Member Organisations, based on their needs. The Membership Survey, conducted in April/May 2017, was used to assess the needs of the Member Organisations in regards to general capacity building and specifically related to advocacy. The survey showed that most of our member organisations (88%) are engaged in policy and advocacy activities, and that the major challenge in those regards is ensuring impact and outreach of their advocacy actions. Thus, this training builds up on the survey findings and will address some of the main challenges of Member Organisations related to advocacy and campaigning.
The main aim of the 3-day training course is to strengthen the capacities of Youth Forum Member Organisations in advocacy and campaigning, and enable them to explore advocacy on various levels, exchange best practices and provide them with new perspectives.
– To explore what advocacy is on various levels (processes, actors and strategies) and what impact is / how it can be measured;
– To introduce a participatory approach in advocacy work (including young people, MOs, decision-makers, partners and other partners);
– To explore what lobbying is and how to address specifically policy makers at different levels;
– Identifying challenges and risks MOs are facing;
– To exchange best practices (especially on outreach and results and impact);
– Provide new perspectives to modify and implement changes into existing practices;
– To understand the relevance of European level advocacy and identify ways to link it to the national, local and organizational level;
– To develop entry points for campaign and advocacy activities (related to YFJ activities and / or identified topical own interests);
– To involve MOs in YFJ advocacy activities;
Selection criteria: Profile of participants:
This training is intended for multipliers, who are already involved in conducting policy level, advocacy and/or campaigning activities in their organisations. This is an intermediate level of training, meaning that previous experience in the topic is an asset to a successful participation in the programme.
The training aims to bring together around 20 participants that fulfill the following profile:
– Representatives of member organisations, responsible for advocacy and campaigning in their organizations;
– Already have experience (personal / organizational) with advocacy or campaigning;
– Having a need/ interest to gain new perspectives on advocacy and campaigning in their organizational context;
– Motivated to develop advocacy projects and campaigns and be in position to implement those activities in the follow up;
– Committed to attend the Training for the full duration and be supported by a Member Organisations of the Youth Forum. Limited places will be also available for representatives of partner organisations of the Youth Forum;
– Competently able to work in English, the working language of the training;
Additional infos: Programme and methodology:
The programme will aim to provide a space for participants to learn about the topic of the training, to share from their practices and experience, to identify challenges and opportunities and work towards a common approach and actions. The methodological approach will be based on the principles of non-formal education and learning.
The training will include also preparatory activities and implementation of follow up plans, and it is expected that participants are involved in those activities, as well as the 3-day training.
*Draft programme is available for download in the enclosed call for participants.
Accommodation and Travel costs:
Arrival Date: 09th of November (morning)
Departure Date: 12th of November (after lunch)
Venue: Brussels, Belgium
The travel costs will be covered by the Youth Forum, in the limit of the published reference prices, following the standard reimbursement procedure. Accommodation will be provided by the Youth Forum, in shared rooms.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please fill in the following application form, by the 20th September 2017 (23:59 CET). Confirmation from member organisation is requested on the applications. Selection results will be available end of September-begining of October.
Ivana Davidovska – Membership & Capacity-Building Officer