Deadline: Jan. 7, 2018.
As part of its new investment in content for Africa, the BBC is launching a new TV and Digital service for children which will explain and help them to make sense of the world they are growing up in. The content will include news stories and features and will tackle issues relevant to young people. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative reporter to join our team and shape BBC Africa’s coverage for young people.
A career at the BBC offers you an opportunity to tell stories that can change lives. The aim of BBC Africa is to showcase the diverse ideas and aspirations from across the continent.
- As the Dakar, Nairobi And Lagos Reporter you will work within BBC Africa’s children’s programming team and will play a crucial role creating engaging, youthful and relevant news and current affairs content from Dakar, Nairobi And Lagos and the surrounding regions.
- As well as having fresh, innovative and creative ideas you will also have a clear understanding of how to deliver stories for Africa’s youth.
- Additionally you will deliver content and will be expected to contribute innovative ideas, drive the creative vision and present the content.
The Ideal Candidate
- As well as the skills and experience stipulated in the job description you will have a strong journalistic background together with lots of ideas for how to engage children in the news.
- You must also have a good feel for strong and distinctive stories with experience of producing content for multi-platform outlets
- Language requirement varies for Positions in Dakar, Nairobi And Lagos
Job Title: Reporter
Department: BBC Africa Service
Reports to: Editor, Children’s News
Location: Dakar, Nairobi and Lagos
About the Company
“Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation”
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Click here to apply for Reporter in Dakar
Click here to apply for Reporter in Nairobi
Click here to apply for Reporter in Lagos