Deadline: January 31, 2018.
Members of the International Organizing Committee made a site visit to Namibia on June 12-16, 2017. The objective of the site visit was to meet with the Local Organizing Committee and to converge on a program of actions leading towards a successful ASP.
The 5th edition of the biennial African School of Fundamental Physics and Applications, ASP2018, will take place on June 24 – July 14, 2018 in Namibia.
The ASP activities consist of the following components:
1. A 3-week scientific program for 60–80 students from all over Africa with a minimum if 3 years university education in mathematics, physics, computing and/or engineering;
2. A one-week workshop is organized to train 70–80 high school teachers for improved physics teaching;
3. A one-week program that consists of outreach to motivate 200–250 learners to develop and maintain interest in physics;
4. A 5-day professional, international scientific conference organized in parallel to the students and teachers activities. It includes invited and contributed talks in many different tracks;
5.A forum that consists of talks, discussions and debate about the role and the future of ASP in capacity development in Africa;
6. Continuously, active mentoring and coaching program to help ASP students.
- Bursaries & full support for selected students
Application materials needed:
- Statement of interest.
- All university transcripts
- One letter of recommendation from university advisor
Click here to submit the application
Click here to visit their website for more information