Deadline: Monday 22nd January 2018 (midnight)
Location: Office based in central London (Chancery Lane)
The Access to Justice Foundation works to improve access to justice for the most vulnerable in society. We do this by raising funds and distributing them to organisations that support those who need legal help but cannot afford it.
This is an exciting volunteering opportunity for you to join a small, dynamic charity which will enable you to gain valuable work experience. During your internship you will have genuine responsibility working on our marketing campaigns and our 28 fundraising regional ‘legal walks’.
The role is based in our London office We ask for a minimum commitment of one day per week for 6 months. Whilst it is an unpaid voluntary role, reasonable travel expenses within London will be reimbursed.
Fundraising and marketing
- Registering new teams and individuals in our events (from law firms, chambers, law schools and charities).
- Helping publicise who is currently taking part and encouraging more people, law firms, chambers and others to get involved in our work.
- Updating and maintaining our contact records.
- Keeping our website up to date
- Helping boost our events through increasing our presence on Social Media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Publicising our events
- Helping with the day to day administration of a small charity e.g. processing donations, thanking donors etc
This role would suit someone with the following:
- Interest in Marketing and Fundraising
- Enthusiasm for the work of the Foundation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Reliable and Punctual
- Confidence with IT
- Energy, flexibility and motivation
- Attention to detail, an ability to produce accurate work
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Detailed induction to the Foundation and your role
- Support for your development from your line manager
- Insight into the charity sector
- Opportunity to build a network of contacts
- Reasonable travel expenses within London zones 1-6
How to apply:
Please send an email to:
with the following:
– Your full name, address and contact details
– What time period you can commit to
– Attaching a copy of your CV
– Details of two people we can contact for references
– Answering the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in volunteering for the Access to Justice Foundation?
2. Why are you interested in this role and how do you feel this would suit your skills and experience?
3. What could you contribute to our team?
Interview dates: 24-25th January 2018.
Click here to visit their website