Deadline: March 31, 2019
The Young Innovation Leaders Y.I.L Fellowship (formerly known as the HELP Fellowship) applications are open. This application is a multistage rigorous process. The programme is exclusively for exceptional young professionals.
The Y.I.L Fellowship is a four-month annual leadership immersion programme in innovation management designed to empower young professionals to attain their ultimate career dreams and inspire innovation in their spheres. Its chief aim is to unleash human potentials and scale up excellence.
The Y.I.L Fellowship is structured to operate in two stages.
- First is the fellowship: a challenging but rewarding four-month programme focused on training in leadership and innovation management.
- Second is the membership: mentorship and continuous personal development. The Y.I.L Fellowship is entirely free.
- Learn how to create innovations from the experts
- Participate in the capstone projects
- Participate in the mentorship programme
- Gain Innovation Management certification
- Build a great network with talented young professionals across the globe
- Access to full scholarship
- Rigorous multi-stage selection process
The theme of the Y.I.L Fellowship is “scaling up excellence”. The fellowship programme includes: lectures, plenary sessions, workshops, and demonstrations.
Insightful sub-themes that will be covered in the lectures include:
- Leadership in Innovation and Innovation in Leadership
- Innovation Trends
- Innovation Management
It is phased into three parts:
- The Pre-Challenge Training: Selected participants receive intensive training from global experts on innovation management and leadership in Lagos, Nigeria(22nd-26th May, 2019)
- The Challenge phase: Participants are involved in capstone projects for four months
- The Post-Challenge Training: Participants undergo another week of intensive training, which will include evaluation of capstone projects in Lagos, Nigeria (22nd-26th October, 2019).
- Gain Scholarship: Benefit from the vast resources and opportunities from the platform at no cost. Participants are also entitled to monthly stipends during the fellowship programme.
- Become a Young Innovation Leader: Participants become Y.I.L Fellows and receive privileged access to mentorship and resources for career growth.
- Amazing Network: Membership to the fastest growing network of excellent leaders across industries and around the world.
- Capacity Development:Annual in-person gathering of industry champions to exchange ideas, discuss value creation, and network widely.
- Mentorship Opportunities: Access to mentors from a pool of global industry experts. And an opportunity to train bright young minds in the future.
- Develop Technologies: Opportunity to develop novel technologies, in teams, while working on a capstone project. Concepts stand a chance of being funded for further development to a startup.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WITHIN FIVE YEARS OF POST-GRADUATION FROM A RECOGNIZED HIGHER INSTITUTION
CANDIDATES MUST NOT BE MORE THAN 28 YEARS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE SOME LEVEL OF MASTERY IN A HARD SKILL