Deadline: November 15, 2018
The Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP) provides hands-on service opportunities for global young business and development leaders at Africa’s leading profit and nonprofit firms.
The program is designed to match financial capital invested in emerging African businesses with the human capital needed to take these institutions to scale.
Fellows come to the EIFP with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. However, all fellows are required to have
- an undergraduate degree,
- a commitment to excellence,
- and be fluent in English.
- Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience
- Early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
LDI Africa through its EIFP recruits organizations that are doing excellent work particularly in the financial and investment industries across Africa. Partners range from mid-level to large global institutions; with capital investment of $200,000 and above.
While working with their organization, Fellows enjoy the following benefits and more; .
- Experience the growth of Africa’s most innovative businesses
- Direct exposure to emerging markets
- Paid positions, housing and travel
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Potential consulting, employment and seed capital investment after fellowship
- Access to the global LDI Africa network
- October 1, 2018: Applications open
- November 15, 2018: Applications close
- November 16, 2018 – November 23, 2018: LDI Africa conducts preliminary applicant interviews
- December 7, 2018: Finalists are notified of application results
- December 11, 2018 – December 14, 2018: Host organizations are sent shortlisted applicants
- December 16, 2018 – January 14, 2019: Host organizations interview shortlisted applicants and offer contracts
- January 22, 2019: Host organizations return signed contracts of selected Fellows
- January 25, 2019: Host and Fellow placement is finalized and announced
- February 1, 2019 – February 22, 2019: Fellows secure travel, insurance, and visas
- February 21, 2019 – February 22, 2019: Host organizations orientation
- February 26, 2019 – February 27, 2019: Fellow orientation
- March 1, 2019: Fellows on the ground/begin their assignments.
If you have questions about the application contact them at [email protected]
How to apply: