Deadline: July 31st, 2018.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in
politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
Very good graduates with a first university degree get the chance to obtain a master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance to the social, political and economic development of their home country.
The knowledge and experience acquired in Germany should enable the scholarship holders to later contribute to the establishment of democratically oriented economic and social systems aimed at overcoming social differences. With this programme, DAAD intends to contribute to the support of good governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
- The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Central Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from the Ukraine
- The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. It is offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals.
The study programmes starts in September/October 2019. The courses have an international orientation and are taught in German and/or English.
Prior to their study programmes all scholarship holders receive:
- a 6- months-German language course from April 2019 to September 2019. The language courses take place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected master´s courses. The language course is compulsory also for those who attend a master´s course taught in English.
- The scholarship holders are offered a special tutoring at their host institutions financed by DAAD.
- Furthermore, there is the possibility to attend networking events.
- DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 850 €.
- The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
- DAAD scholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are exempted from tuition fees.