Deadline: December 31, 2017
Tomorrow’s Leaders is a four to five-year undergraduate scholarship program at leading regional universities with U.S. ties. It provides scholarships to promising, under-served secondary school graduates from the MENA region through accredited regional institutions.
This program currently provides comparable levels of assistance to the American University of Beirut (AUB) and Lebanese American University (LAU) and funds AMIDEAST for the recruitment of students – all students currently enrolled, as well as those being recruited to start in the 2018 fall semester, are fully-funded for their four or five year academic programs.
- Scholarships cover travel,
- academic fees for four years of university at AUB or LAU,
- a study abroad experience in the U.S.,
- housing, and
- a monthly allowance.
- Students requiring English preparatory work may be enrolled in one or two semesters of college preparatory English classes at the university before entering degree programs.
Implementers: AUB and LAU with recruitment by AMIDEAST
- This program is open to high school graduates from traditionally under-served communities in the Middle East and North Africa, who are qualified but unable to afford a college education.
- Students enroll at the undergraduate level in a four-year program. Applicants must be citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen, and cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- High school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2017;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Test scores of the Institutional TOEFL (ITP) that is less than two years old will be used to determine eligibility;
- Maturity, flexibility and leadership potential; and
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2018.
How to Apply:
The recruitment of Tomorrow’s Leaders candidates will be handled by AMIDEAST region-wide this year.
Interested candidates should visit the Tomorrow’s Leaders website at www.amideast.org/tl for full eligibility requirements and the application information.
Click here to apply
Click here to visit their website