Deadline: April 1, 2018
The Boris Nemtsov Foundation for Freedom is pleased to announce the official launch of the Summer School of Journalism and Cultural Studies in Prague. The Boris Nemtsov Academic Center for the Study of Russia established at the Faculty of Arts (Charles University) hosts the School.
The program starts on July 16, 2018 and ends on August 5, 2018.
The three-week multidisciplinary program at the Boris Nemtsov Summer School is an interactive, fully funded program designed for young journalists, media activists, and bloggers from Russia and the U.S. who are focused on Russia and the CIS region.
Fluency in Russian is obligatory for all applicants.
The maximum group size is limited to 30 people.
The program offers:
- Lectures and master-classes taught by leading Russian and European journalists, political scientists, economists, and other public figures;
- Case-study sessions;
- Labs on the efficient distribution of media products via the Internet;
- ABCs of shooting and video editing, infographics, and audio;
- Visits to the local editorial offices and relevant NGOs;
- Meetings with Czech politicians and opinion leaders.
Participants will be offered an extensive extra-curricular program including sightseeing tours and other activities.
Each participant of the School is expected to develop his/her own media product (text, video, or a combination) upon completion of the program .
The concept note with a brief description of the proposed media product ( online or video formats) must be submitted along with the application. Your proposed media product should be relevant and explore an important political, social, or economic problem. Each participant will receive assistance and supervision during his/her work on the project.
If you have any questions, please do not hesistate to contact us. We can be reached via e-mail: