Deadlin: December 31, 2017
The Alltech Young Scientist (AYS) program features the world’s largest agriscience competition. It offers the brightest scientific thinkers from colleges and universities across the globe an opportunity to compete at the highest level and be rewarded for their innovative research.
Students are encouraged to join Alltech in pursuit of solutions in animal health and nutrition, crop science, agriculture analytical methods, food chain safety and traceability, human health and nutrition and other agriscience-related sectors, while also gaining valuable experience with the company’s global team.
- Undergraduate: Undergraduate students
- Graduate: Master and Ph.D. students
- Students obtain nomination from professors to participate in the Alltech Young Scientist program.
- Nominated students submit a research paper to enter the program competition.
- Students first compete within their home region in either the undergraduate or graduate category (MSc, Ph.D.).
There are four regions globally: North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe
The top students from each region are awarded with cash prizes, medals and certificates.
The 1st place winner from each region advances to the Global Competition, and is referred to as an ‘AYS finalist’.
Undergraduate = $1000 Cash USD
Graduate = $2000 Cash USD
Undergraduate = $500 Cash USD
Graduate = $1000 Cash USD
*Winners structure is subject to change at Alltech’s discretion without notice.
The AYS finalists from all four regions are invited to attend:
- an all-expense-paid Alltech Young Scientist Discovery Week in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
- During this week, the global competition takes place.
- Each finalist presents his/her paper in front of a panel of international judges.
- Global Undergraduate 1st Place Prize $5000 Cash USD
- Global Graduate 1st Place Prize $10,000 Cash USD
Alltech Young Scientist Discovery Week
The finalists are offered an all-expense-paid trip to Lexington, Kentucky, USA for Discovery Week!
Mentorship – Featuring research and professional experts sharing academic and career insights
AYS Global Competition – Finalists present their research in front of a panel of international judges and audience members
Alltech Ideas Conference – Learning and networking opportunity with over 5000 delegates from all over the world, interaction with press and media, developing friendships with fellow finalists and the Alltech team, and much more!
Ph.D. and Post-doctorate Position
The global prize includes a fully funded Ph.D. position for the global undergraduate winner, and a fully funded Post Doctorate position for the global graduate winner.
- 100% tuition coverage
- Competitive stipend based on position location
How to Participate/Participation Guidelines
You must be nominated by your professor in order to participate.
Please view the Alltech Young Scientist Paper and Presentation Requirements before writing your research paper for the Regional Competition and preparing your presentation for the Global Competition.
Eligible research paper topics are listed below, and a detailed explanation is noted in the
Alltech Young Scientist Areas of Interest for Research Papers .
- Animal Feeding Strategies and Modeling
- Crop Science
- Agriculture Analytical Methods
- Food Chain Safety and Traceability
- Human Health and Nutrition
Step 1 – Obtain Nomination
Obtain nomination from your professor by having your professor fill out the nomination form below.
DOWNLOAD : Alltech Young Scientist Nomination Form
Step 2 – Registration
Register online and submit your nomination form. To register, click here
Step 3 – Submission
Submit your research paper online by the deadline. Make sure your paper complies with all of the requirements.
To submit, click here