Deadline: December 11, 2017 Universities in the United States and Canada.
January 15, 2018: Universities in all other countries.
The Yenching Academy of Peking University is offering a residential program which is aimed at creating a community of enthusiastic, globally oriented young innovators who would reside at the University of Peking during the full duration.
The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both Mainland China and abroad, to study, live, and learn together. International students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan comprise roughly 80% of the student body.
The Yenching Academy provides a generous postgraduate scholarship that covers tuition fees, a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing , accommodations, and living costs on Peking University’s campus. The Academy offers a residential program aimed at creating a community of enthusiastic, globally oriented young innovators in the heart of China’s top university. Such close proximity to the academic infrastructure of Peking University provides a unique opportunity to participate and fully immerse oneself in the life of the university.
Enrolled international students spend 12 months in residence at the Yenching Academy, with the possibility to extend for a second year. For students from China (including Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan), the program lasts 24 months. Coursework is completed during the fall and spring semesters, and it is supplemented by additional study during the summer. Upon completion of their year in residence, students have up to one more year to finalize projects and defend their thesis. During this period, students in good academic standing may apply for a limited number of Teaching, Research, or Administrative Assistantships. In addition, Dean’s Research Grants will be awarded on a bi-annual basis to help fund selected research projects related to China Studies.
Peking University is China’s top university. It is located in Beijing. The scholarship is fully funded.
- tuition fees
- air tickets cost for 1 round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing
- Accommodations and living costs on Peking University’s campus
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
- Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
- Completed online application form
- Personal statement (750 words or less)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript(s)
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- International English proficiency score
For clarifications and enquiries:
Contact the admission unit via : email@example.com
Click here to apply