Deadline: January 3rd, 2018 at 11:59pm GMT.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship; Google wants to inspire students to continue in the field with such a program. The 2018 Summer Trainee Engineering Program (STEP) internships in Europe aims to do just that, and is now open to students who have completed the first or second year of their university studies by summer of 2018 and are studying Computer Science or related subjects
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
This summer trainee program includes:
Software Project: Work with a team of Googlers and STEP Interns on a 12-week development project.
Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers and learn how to enhance your resume, take on technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
Fun: Attend social, community building and networking activities. Build a relationship with your peers.
Exposure: Get a unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Completed your first or second year of undergraduate studies by Summer 2018.
- Be available from 2nd July to 21st September 2018.
- Programming experience in either Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience in programming outside of your university course.
The duration of the internship is 12 weeks. weeks.
If you will be graduating before 2020, we encourage you to apply to the Software Engineering/Site Reliability Internship role on the student site.
Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interests to apply early.
- By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Paris, France; Warsaw, Poland; Munich, Germany; Zürich, Switzerland; Stockholm, Sweden
Click here to apply