Deadline:15:00 EST on April 6th, 2018
G(irls)20 is coming to Argentina for the 9th annual Global Summit. 20+ young women from around the world will arrive in Buenos Aires for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Delegates contribute the economic and social issues facing girls & women in their countries to a Communiqué delivered to world leaders in advance of the G20 Summit and leave the Summit with increased confidence, new skills, and a global network that will allow them to make change as community and global advocates!
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
The week-long summit for delegates will include:
- Workshops building valuable leadership skills — from Emotional Intelligence to Strategic Planning
- Panels and speeches on the key issues facing girls and women globally — with an emphasis on digital inclusion and financial inclusion
- Developing a Communiqué to G20 leaders, with recommendations based on the delegates unique experience and expertise
- Networking receptions with movers and shakers in the public and private sectors
- Building a network of female mentors from the across the public and private sectors
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with 20+ young female leaders from around the world
G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Buenos Aires from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Buenos Aires
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Travel insurance
- Costs associated with travel visas
Summit 2018 Key Dates
March 8 – April 6, 2018: Applications are Open to Delegates. Please note applications CLOSE at 15:00 EST on April 6th.
May 2018: Shortlisted Candidates will be invited by email to an interview over Skype
June 2018: Both successful and unsuccessful candidates notified by email
June – October 2018: Pre-summit work takes place online.
October 14 – October 20, 2018: The 9th annual Global Summit in Buenos Aires, Argentina! Please note all delegates must arrive on October 14th.
Who can apply:
- Any young woman born within 1995-2001
- Holds or can obtain a valid passport
- Lives in and/or holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions:
List of participating countries or regions:
Canada (1 Indigenous and 1 non-Indigenous delegate)
Republic of Korea
MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa)
South America (Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela)
Please note Pakistan and Afghanistan delegates have already been selected for 2018.
G(irls)20 will invite a second delegate from Canada to represent First Nations, Métis and Inuit.