Deadline: 11 December 2017
The call for applications for the second run of the Training Programme on Economics of Climate Change Adaptation is now open until 11 December 2017.
Dates: 12 to 23 March 2018
Venue: Thailand, Bangkok (exact location to be confirmed)
The training programme aims to equip government officials and other stakeholders in the Asia and the Pacific region with economic tools necessary to identify, prioritize, design and implement climate-resilient projects and policies, formulate national adaptation plans and access climate finance for adaptation action.
- Introduction to key economic principles and review of impacts of climate change in Asia and the Pacific
- Assessment of economic impacts of climate change, cost-benefit analysis of investment projects and climate-proofing options
- Proposal development
(1) policy and technical staff from line ministries and national agencies, non-governmental organizations, academia, and private sector, who are involved in national adaptation planning process, development of project proposals on climate change adaptation and mainstreaming climate change adaptation issues into national strategies and plans;
2) experts in the field of economics or statistics from governmental, non-governmental and academic institutions who are involved in economic analysis of climate change adaptation actions and climate-resilient investments.
Eligibility and Benefits:
The training programme is limited to 25 participants as follows:
1. 10 participants from target countries of the UNDP ECCA capacity building programme, namely: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam, will receive:
- full scholarships covering travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses.
2. 15 participants on a self-funded basis: 5 participants from Thailand and 10 participants from other countries of Asia and the Pacific.
The course is free of charge for all participants. The self-funded participants need to cover their travel, accommodation, and subsistence expenses.
Selection of participants will consider the following criteria:
- Professional experience
- Educational background
- Potential of applying the content of the training programme
- Motivation level
- Understanding of issues and challenges in climate change adaptation
- Basic knowledge of economics
Download this document containing templates for (1) a nomination letter from your employer, (2) a commitment letter and a (3) Waiver of Liability.
Fill it in, sign where appropriate (digital signature is acceptable) and save it as a PDF with the following file name: First name_Last Name_Country.
Fill in the application form.
In the last section of the form you will be asked to upload the above mentioned document, together with your CV saved in PDF format with the following file name: CV_First name_Last Name_Country.
Submit the form by the deadline, with all documents attached in PDF, and wait for an announcement of an outcome of the selection process by the end of January 2018 .
The ECCA team kindly requests all applicants to wait for the communication of results by email and refrain from contacting the team with queries about the status of the selection process.
Please note that the ECCA selection panel will not accept applications after the deadline (11 December) .
Contact them at: