Chemonics seeks an intern to support the Economic Growth and Trade Practice team. Interns contribute to our work through completing technical, new business, and project management tasks as needed, and participate in professional development activities to prepare them for careers in international development. This is a unique opportunity to learn from staff across the company at all levels and to gain an understanding of Chemonics’ work in regional, support, and technical practice areas. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist with planning and implementation of strategic corporate initiatives and research efforts related to practice field. Illustrative assignments could include: assisting the Economic Growth and Trade Practice management in organizing social media campaigns, and supporting logistics for conference proposals and participation
- Conduct research and gather information from Chemonics’ projects and external sources in Economic Growth and Trade technical areas
- Develop knowledge products such as one-page summaries on Economic Growth and Trade technical areas, and update and organize technical resources for the Economic Growth and Trade internal webpage
- Assist the Economic Growth and Trade Practice team in developing and implementing internal and external events that reflect current USAID trends and priorities
- Learn the fundamentals of new business development by assisting members of both live and capture Economic Growth and Trade proposal teams with research and other ad hoc information
- Over the course of the internship, participate in one of Economic Growth and Trade’s communities of practice and contribute to a community of practice deliverable such as a blog post, a training, or a technical brief
- Assist in the development and upkeep of Economic Growth and Trade proposal support tools, including trackers, the recruit database, and technical resources
- Manage activities such as event planning, organizing brown bag presentations, sending out communications to practice members, and other related tasks
- Develop an understanding of international development, foreign assistance programming, Chemonics’ present and past contributions in Economic Growth and Trade, and Chemonics’ current Practice portfolio
- Research relevant articles and attend internal and external meetings to develop a basic understanding of international development, foreign assistance programming, and Chemonics’ present and past contributions in international development
- Learn the fundamentals of new business development by assisting members of proposal teams and performing tasks as assigned
- Shadow one Project Management Unit in select tasks to learn the functions of a home office-based project management team
- Attend select weekly Project Management Unit meetings and assists with ad hoc project management tasks, including formatting a consultant CV, shadowing an invoice review, shadowing locals review.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate (rising junior or senior) or graduate degree
- Excellent research, analytical, and communication skills
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently on projects and tasks
- Demonstrated interest in international development
- Demonstrated interest in economic growth technical areas such as trade, financial services, enterprise development, public financial management, or business enabling environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Additional language skills preferred
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded as an application document.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Only your most recently submitted cover letter and resume will be available for Chemonics recruiters to assess your qualifications for this position. We recommend reviewing and updating your profile before applying to ensure your cover letter and CV are correct. You will receive an automated confirmation email once your application has been received.