Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 320,000 subscribers globally.
Bloomberg News has aimed for over 20 years to provide the most influential coverage of money in all of its forms for people with the most at stake. Today, 2,300 news and multimedia professionals in 72 countries publish 6,000 stories a day for terminal clients, Bloomberg Markets, Bloomberg Businessweek, online readers, and customers of the 440 publications that print our articles.
Bloomberg News reports on the issues that matter to financial and business professionals – when they happen, from where they happen. If it affects markets, Bloomberg News will be there first, delivering the most accurate information in milliseconds, on virtually every stock, bond and economic indicator. Bloomberg News also leads the way in breaking news about mergers and acquisitions and other events that help our readers to stay a step ahead of the markets.
What you will gain as an Intern:
- Bloomberg News interns will gain hands-on experience reporting for the print department of one of the world’s leading financial news services.
- During the 10-week program, interns will produce breaking news stories under deadline for our coverage of markets, companies, economies, and governments.
- Responsibilities will include pitching and writing enterprise stories, conducting exclusive interviews, and collaborating with our other media platforms.
What we look for:
- Final/Penultimate year students with an intention to pursue a full-time career in financial journalism
- Available for 10-weeks between June and August 2017
- Knowledge of financial markets, companies and economies
- Prior experience in journalism, preferably in a real-time news environment is an asset
- Ability to work within a team under deadline pressure
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin will have an advantage
- Ability to write and communicate concisely
Does this sound like you?
Submit three samples of work, along with a resume and a cover letter. The cover letter should include a short section on why you want to pursue a career in journalism. Apply today! If we think you’re a match, we’ll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to apply