Deadline: 11:59pm CST (China Standard Time) November 30th, 2017
The Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) is an annual event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China. This year, the four-day event will take place in April 2018 and will comprise engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of Renaissance: China’s Journey in a Global Future. This conference will feature prominent international scholars and leading young professionals from a wide range of fields and will provide a highly focused, application-based experiential learning platform.
We are looking for thinkers and innovators, movers and doers, creatives and campaigners. People with big ideas and specialized skills. People who are convinced that China matters and have conviction of the role they’ll play.
We offer ambitious graduate students and young professionals from around the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
a diverse body of global scholars from leading universities;
practioners from a wide range of fields including art, history, culture, innovation, politics, and business;
speakers from renowned universities, enterprises, and international organizations.
The Symposium is a platform for connecting leaders on China, across generations and across disciplines. It will help connect you with inspiring, like-minded peers as well as leading experts who share your interest in China. These interactions will take place at Peking University, China’s top university.
As a delegate, you will have the opportunity to share your experiences with innovation while collaboarting with others to generate fruitful exchange and construct frameworks for action on China’s most challenging issues.
- Expenses of your round-trip flight,
- and meals for the duration of the Symposium.
- Young professionals and graduate students of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in any field (by December 31, 2017).
- Available for the entirety of the conference from April 12th-15th, 2018 (and available for any required travel time to and from Beijing).
- Have not attended any of the previous Yenching Global Symposiums.
- International English proficiency test score (at least IELTS 7/TOEFL 100/Cambridge 180/CEFR C1), if have not attended a university where English was the sole language of instruction.
- No older than 30 (by April 15th, 2018). However, if from a country where military service is mandatory, then no older than 32 (by April 15th, 2018).
Click here to apply
Click to visit their website for more information